This just in: I have long said that the Republican Party is either (1) Not exceptionally bright or (2) They think you are not exceptionally bright.
I say this because they propose and say things that can be confirmed false with just a “little finger” worth of research.
Let’s take a look at a few…Note: I will not do cite evidence as to why these positions are false. You get to do that if you wish. Shouldn’t be hard to do. Don’t go with your “gut”. Look up any of these and find the facts.
- “The Russia investigation is a witch hunt.”
- “Tax breaks for the rich will trickle down and create well paying jobs for the rest of the country.”
- “The healthcare system in the United States is the best in the world.”
- “Pornography causes mass killings at schools.”
- “Transgender soldiers are hurting our military readiness.”
- “The rest of the world respects the United States more now that Trump is in charge.”
- “Making abortions illegal will reduce the number of abortions in our country.”
- “Cutting off family planning money will reduce teen pregnancies.”
- “China will not use their ZTE company to spy on us because they said so.”
- “Gun laws don’t work.”
- “Nancy Pelosi likes the Mexican gang MS-13.”
- “Climate change is a Chinese hoax.”
- “Our Founding Fathers wanted us to be a white, Christian nation.”
- “Health care works best in a Free Market”
- “Football players that don’t stand for the National Anthem don’t do so because they are not patriotic.”
- “Most legal scholars agree that Trump can pardon himself.”
- “Tariffs are working.”
- “Donald Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.”
- “The poor are lazy.”
- “The economy is doing well because of Trump.”
- “Democrats are responsible for the separation of parents and children at the border.”
Of course…none of these are true. But…you can believe they are if you wish.
Up, up and away…