This just in: I saw a post the other day between a couple of guys; one was pro-Trump and the other was anti-Trump. In the end, the pro-Trump guy tossed in the towel with “Hey, all of these politicians are incompetent. We should throw them all out.”
In other words, he wanted to settle for a tie.
And this is the crux of the problem…
Trump supporters, unable to face the truth of who he really is, have given up (mostly) on “Hillary and Benghazi” and are now trying to call it a tie. In other words, Trump is no better or worse than any other politician.
You won’t change their minds. In fact, I have quit trying. Now, I just post here to keep my head from exploding; knowing no Trumpster will read a word of this.
Let’s recap how “Great” Trump has made America after less than a year in office.
- Instead of charging to the front on renewable energy, Trump has, instead, opened up national parks for exploitation. We will now drill for oil and dig for coal in the most pristine parts of our country…for a resource we don’t need.
- After promising “The best healthcare ever” Trump showed a gleeful willingness to pass a healthcare bill that would provide less coverage for more money while kicking about 20,000,000 off of their insurance. Thankfully, this didn’t pass.
- After promising tax reform which would put money in the pockets of the middle class, Trump and the Republican Party rushed through a tax cut for the richest among us. This, while creating a $1.5 trillion debt.
- The United States entered into the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement which the main goal being to keep China a bay. Trump dropped us out of that agreement and China stepped in our place. Now China’s economy is expected to surpass that of the United States in just 14 years.
- Trump scolded NATO for its reliance on money from the United States; alienating all of Europe and immediately weakening our standing in the world…while gaining nothing in return.
- Trump announced a plan to move our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem; a move that angered the entire Arab world…while gaining nothing in return.
- The United Nations voted condemn the United States decision on Jerusalem. We vetoed this but the score was 14-1 against us. This makes us the bad guys in the eyes of the rest of the world. Trump then made things worse by threatening to take money away from the U.N. and then doing so a couple of days later.
- Trump has alienated the United States’ largest trading partner, Canada; causing, among other things, Canada to cancel a multi-billion dollar deal with Boeing.
- Europe hates us. Canada hates us. The UK doesn’t even want Trump to stop by for a visit. Mexico hates us. We are running out of allies militarily and economically.
- Trump lies at a level never before seen by internet fact checkers. Notably, many of his lies are designed to either hurt someone else or make himself look good.
- He has, at the very least, passively endorsed racism.
- He is a sexual predator by his own admission and loudly endorsed an accused pedophile because, “We don’t want another Democrat in the Senate.”
- He has surrounded himself with family members in complete defiance of nepotism laws.
- He is using his office to enrich himself in complete defiance of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.
- He has actively endorsed rogue regimes around the world including Turkey and the Philippines.
- Actively tries to prevent freedom of the press.
- Sees the court system as something that should be “loyal” to him, having little to do with actual justice.
- Tweets things like his accusation of a female congressman coming into his office “willing to do anything” for his support.
It’s not all bad news. The stock market is up. This is mostly because we relaxed regulations and in anticipation of lower corporate taxes. The problem with this is that neither of these does anything for the middle class.
Notice, I’ve not yet mentioned his Russian ties. I hesitate to bring this up as there is much about this that has yet to be proven.
However, I have noticed a strong pro-Russia stance, including a reluctance to impose sanctions passed by Congress. At the same time, he has disparaged our National Intelligence Agencies and the FBI.
There is no equivalency here. We have never had a president do so much to harm our country in so many ways in such a short time.
History will not judge this man well.
Up, up and away…