This just in: When we live in a world devoid of facts, we shouldn’t be surprised when our actions, based on fantasy, give us less than optimal results. This is why it’s important to have a Plan B.
Let’s look at a couple of actions that are either (1) not turning out as expected or (2) probably won’t turn out as expected…
- We moved the U.S. Embassy for Israel to Jerusalem. I accurately predicted that people would die because of this. Today, more than 50 did just that. Now, this seems to be a bipartisan issue. Democrats and Republicans think this was a good idea (I don’t). The problem is that they all also agree that this move essentially puts an end to any attempt at peace between Palestine and Israel. If this is not the end, what is the plan? What is plan B?
- Iran’s nuclear development program was stopped and dismantled. In return, we let them have access to their own money and lifted other sanctions. Everyone agrees that Iran was in compliance with the deal. Trump pulls us out of the deal in spite of this. My guess is this has something to do with his National Security Advisor, Bolton. Bolton is a fellow draft dodger, along with Trump. It has been his long standing position that the idea of war with Iran gives him an erection. So now, Iran can go back to building nukes. If Europe tries to enter a deal with Iran without us, Bolton has said we’ll impose sanctions on Europe. So, when these things happen, what is our Plan B? There was no crisis in Iran and now there is…now what?
- The Republican Party spent 8 years chanting “Elect us so we can repeal Obamacare and create great insurance for everyone.” So, the last budget cut out the individual mandate forcing people to buy insurance or pay a penalty. This is a cornerstone of Obamacare and without it, we can expect to see millions more uninsured and prices shooting up. So, they broke healthcare and have absolutely no Plan B.
- The tax cut passed recently gives the average person almost no relief in taxes. The top 1% and corporations are raking in billions. Meanwhile, our national debt is soaring at a rate never seen before. Essentially, we passed a tax plan that says, “Borrow $1 trillion a year and give it all to the richest people in the country.” Early data is showing that the economy is no better than before the tax cut. Yes, unemployment is down but it has been dropping steadily for 8 years. The tax break had no impact on this. So, now that it’s clearly not working…what is Plan B?
- We are rolling back every environmental protection program we have. Faced with the fact that Global Warming is going to change everything for our kids and grandkids (and not for the better) what is Plan B? How will we save Florida when it goes underwater?
Asking for a Plan B is a must with Trump. Why? Because he revels in boasting about what he just did and the results that exist only in his mind. He does this because we let him get away with it. We forget about lie number 3,002 because he is already basking in the fake outcome that is lie number 3,003.
Trump exists because we don’t hold him accountable.
The Republican Party exists for the exact same reason.
Time to save the world.
Up, up and away…