This just in: Trump is headed to Europe to meet with NATO, the UK and Putin. I’d like to share a few thoughts and predictions about this.
But first, let’s look at Trump’s achievements while in office thus far. Perhaps this will tell us how high or low to set the bar for this week’s expectations.
First of all, we must remember that he is an expert Deal Maker. If you are not sure, just ask him.
Deals he has backed out of…
- The Trans Pacific Partnership whose purpose was to increase markets overseas for U.S products.
- NAFT whose purpose was to increase markets in Canada and Mexico for U.S. products.
- U.N. Human Rights Council whose purpose is to monitor and address Human Rights around the world.
- The Iran Nuclear deal whose purpose was to eliminate Iran’s ability to create a nuclear threat to the world.
- ON the verge of exiting the G-7 economic summit because they hurt his feelings.
Deals he has made…
- Under his congress, he passed a tax law that adds trillions to our national debt in exchange for…nothing other than millions of tax cuts for the wealthiest people in the country.
- He claimed to have made a deal with North Korea and even announced that his 2-hour meeting with Kim -never missed a meal- Jong Un resulted in a complete end to the nuclear threat. Notable is that North Korea seems to disagree with this completely.
- For no apparent reason, pushed for the separation of immigrant parents and their children as they sought to flee violence in their own countries.
- Refused to support a “Breast Feeding is Good” resolution at a World Health Assembly; stunning the rest of the world. His rationale….”Baby food makers are people too.” Never, ever underestimate the power of the Baby Food Lobby.
- Everything else he has done has been through Executive Order, including the tariffs that are set to cripple to Global economy. He has also dismanted of nearly every regulation put in place to protect our environment.
Now….About his overseas trip that starts today…
He meets with NATO in Brussels on Tuesday and Wednesday. He has managed to alienate nearly every member in this organization. NATO is the single most successful peace organization in the history of the world. Trump, on his very own, has created an atmosphere where they fear even meeting with him. They know he is Putin’s boy and fear that any plans they make will be relayed to Putin when he and Trump meet a few days later. My prediction: Trump will continue to alienate NATO. He will boast about how well everything went and then ignore it when other members claim he is a turd.
We have to remember that Trump lives in a world that exists only in his mind. There is no “Better and Cheaper healthcare.” There is no “Denuclearization of North Korea.” There is no “Better Trade deal that is more fair.” He’s claimed all of these and yet, all are demonstrably false.
After NATO, Trump goes to the UK where he is universally hated. He will mostly avoid London where protesters will be filling the street. There will be a giant balloon of Baby Trump flying over the city. We have to remember, the U.K. is our biggest and closest ally…and they hate the president of the United States. My prediction is that he will do whatever it takes to piss of the UK even more. He can’t help himself. Making others angry or fearful makes him feel strong.
This brings us to Putin…
Trump and Putin will meet in Helsinki a week from today. Reportedly, Putin has set up a Spanking Room where he will administer whippings to a fat cheeto dressed in black leather.
Eventually, he and Trump will reach an agreement where Trump tells him everything he knows about NATO and Putin tells Trump how to behave on a wide range of issues going forward.
So, there you have it.
Trump’s experience tells me that my Expectations Bar needs to be set very low. In fact, I think I’ll just lay it on the ground.
Up, up and away…