This just in: Yesterday I attended a TED event where a panel of 3 experts discussed the latest research into fighting the aging process.
I didn’t take written notes so I will have to rely on my aging mind to recall a few key points.
- How close are we to curing Alzheimer’s? Look at it this way, our grandparents feared Polio but we don’t. We fear Alzheimer’s but our kids won’t. The expert in this field said his 20 year old daughter would never have to worry about it.
- Early detection can slow or turn back the effects of Alzheimer’s. They recommended getting something called a Cognoscopy. This will give you the ability to see it coming and take steps to turn it back.
- Calorie reduction is a major factor in keeping your body young. There seems to be a lot of technical jargon about this I didn’t follow but essentially, your body has to be able to divide and replicate cells for you to stay young. If you don’t do certain things, you lose this ability. Being overweight is a good indicator that you are losing this ability.
- Low carb diets seem to help as do Mediterranean diets. Basically, don’t eat cake but instead, eat salad. They admit that this is less fun than eating cake but it is effective.
- Of course, exercise is important. In fact, if you have never exercised and then start, you will immediately start to turn back the aging process. So, its never too late to start.
- Stress is both good and bad for you. We all have stress. It’s how we respond to it that matters. If we carry it with us…the effect tends to be faster aging. However, if we have brief periods of stress then let it go, that actually reverses the aging process. For example, brief periods of fasting are stressful but they induce stress that is short-lived and thus helpful. So, don’t be chronically under stress. Find a way to induce it and then let it go.
- Loneliness is a big factor in aging. Don’t be lonely. Find a way to share your meals with others. Get involved in your community. Social interaction is a major factor. The more you have, the better.
- Coffee? Why not? They say there have been hundreds of studies trying to paint coffee as the “bad guy”. In the end, no one has been able to show this is true. In fact, caffeine intake improves memory.
So, there you have it…to the best of me mental ability to recall.
On the entertainment page….
I can’t wait for Deadpool 2 to come out later this month. This is the kind of movie I can watch over and over again.
If you like Science Fiction, I recommend my favorite author, Neal Asher. Start with Gridlinked and then move on from there.
On the political page...
There are four people that are determining what the Republican Party should do; The two Koch Brothers, a guy named Mercer and a guy named Adelson. This last guy is a billionaire that owns a few casinos. He’s Jewish and is the one that told Trump to move the Israeli Embassy to Jerusalem. He is very likely to be the reason that Trump backed out of the Iranian deal. Only Israel and Saudi Arabia supported Trump’s move in this area. However, our Republican Party is notably quiet on this. The reason, I think, is because shortly after Trump make this move, Adelson gave $30 million to the Republican Party.
Time to save the world.
Up, up and away…
Note: Please feel free to comment every now and then. I enjoy interacting with my readers. Also, I appreciate any reposts you make.